Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Divisional Playoffs



I had decent football picks last week I guess. I went 3-1, hit a couple of exact scores, but had Green Bay being the only loss. That game was stupid. I had some confidence last week because I didn't believe what was going on in New England or Cincinatti, and I didn't think the Eagles would change their game plan enough (or at all) to confuse the Cowboys. The only thing tricky about the Dallas-Eagles game was Donovan's fantastic entrance. Oh well. I was wrong in thinking that Green Bay was a complete team and I guess I should have remembered that Kurt Warner is pretty good at home in the playoffs.

I have zero confidence in picking the AFC this week, so I will pick the home teams. I have a lot more confidence in the NFC, but will still pick the home teams. If anyone can tell me the last time all four home teams won in the divisional round, I will proudly give you something great. It never happens...but it will this weekend.

PICKS!

Saints 30-Cardinals 24

Kurt Warner is undefeated at home in the playoffs, so I imagine that his road record isn't that good. I would look up this stat if I was getting paid to write this blog. I'm not, so please look it up yourself. This game is in New Orleans. Advantage Brees.

Colts 24-Ravens 17

Indy is terrible after a bye in the playoffs. The Ravens defense is good. Ray Rice and Baltimore's running game is good. I think Peyton will get going early, which will mean Baltimore will have to make some passing plays. So this game will depend on Flacco's hip. What?

Vikings 42-Cowboys 14

Dallas is not the next anything. Vikings balanced offense will kill the Cowboys hype. Guaranteed.

Chargers 21-Jets 20

I want to pick the Jets real bad, but I think the Chargers are just too good. The best part about last week's Jets game was how they won without using a real punter. Hopefully they have a punter this week. If not, double the Chargers score.

Thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment