Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cupcake Pebbles

So Sarah and I are chilling at Giant last night, walking around, throwing some food into a basket on wheels to hold it until we want to give it to a person who will take it and then ask us for a lot of money to give it back to us. Weird, I know. Why not just avoid the middle man and take it straight to your car? There really isn't much fun in handing this money over to me. Maybe some people get a kick out of it. To each their own. So we're chilling, walking down the cereal aisle, talking about the new Wheaties and how Kevin Garnett is kind of cool because he always blocks after the whistle shot attempts by the other team. Always. Time out will be called, teams will be walking to their huddles, someone on the other team might try to get a practice shot in, and Garnett will stop what he is doing, sprint to the rim and block the shot. I never knew he did this before this weekend. Now that I know he has done this since he's been in the league he has become a player who I never liked post-Timberwolves to a player who I definitely like. Sarah is listening to my Garnett adoration when we both kind of see it. It's one of the cereals that makes you do one of these:



Sarah goes "You're gonna buy that, aren't you?"

I go, well I'm not a Fruity Pebbles fan, but Yes. I will have to buy this. The cereal? Cupcake Pebbles!




Awesome. Needed that cereal. We also bought the Garnett sponsored new Wheaties (I think it's called Fuel) since we only had the Peyton Manning sponsored version at home. Unfortunately I must report that Cupcake Pebbles are really not that great. They are far from necessary. If you are looking for an exciting new cereal, I highly recommend Chocolate Cheerios. They are basically Cocoa Krispies, but in the shape of Cheerios.

Cereal is important. I grew up in a pro-cereal household. Bob, my stepdad, always had a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch on hand. It was his go to second half Knicks game snack of choice. I was always jealous of this snack. "Can I have some?" "Absolutely not. This is my snack." He would then eat the entire box during the rest of the game. I had to settle for a Kudos bar or some Gushers or something. I never understood this cereal obsession of his until much later when I learned about the side effects of marijuana. Eating a box of CTC in a sitting is like paying for groceries, I guess. You do it because you have to.

1 comment: