I have only run one marathon so far, and unfortunately it does not count towards one of the 50 states. I ran the SunTrust National Marathon this past March and it is probably the only marathon in the country that doesn't count. Here are the list of rules: http://www.50statesmarathonclub.com/50dc/rules.html . It says: 1. The Marine Corps Marathon counts as Virginia because it starts and ends in Virginia. Additionally, the National Marathon and/or Washington DC Marathon, which begin and end inside DC do not count towards the state count because the District of Columbia is not a state. Woops.
The next marathon I will run is the Philadelphia Marathon on November 21st. Philadelphia will hopefully count towards Pennsylvania. I'll try to do two marathons a year until Maksim and his future brothers and sisters get bigger and the PhD is done. After that I will try and finish 3 or 4 a year. I will give myself a deadline of November 21st, 2035.
Here is a picture of something:

HAWAII ON TEN YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!?!
ReplyDelete