Tuesday, February 16, 2010

when i grow up



I guess I never really gave it much thought before because I usually was only ever interested in skiing (and now snowboarding) in the Winter Olympics, but I have just decided that the luge and bobsled are both pretty fantastic. While curling is and always will be the greatest winter sporting event due to its compatibility with drinking large amounts of alcohol, bobsledding and luging are quickly closing the gap as the number 2 and 3 sports. I am not sure why I have never thought about it like this but bobsledding and the luge are nothing more than sledding. Sledding really fast. I watched about three minutes of the luge this weekend and I remember saying "That's just sledding. Really fast sledding" I then followed Sarah around all weekend asking her how does one get involved in the luge? Do you decide as a five year old that you want to sled for the rest of your life? Are you too lazy to ever try to go down a hill standing up? Are their year round sledding events or in the summer do you do other things like climb trees real fast...

...we'll probably never know. Yesterday when I was standing on my roof throwing snow onto the ground below (and occassionally throwing some onto my neighbor's roof) I thought for a split second that it would be fun to luge off my roof. I was already to drop the shovel, sit on it and then push with my hands. Gravity would then do the rest and throw me off the roof (or into my living room) and everyone would applaud.

For now my work days are spent looking at photo galleries of professional athletes and their dogs. Hopefully that will just be for now

No comments:

Post a Comment